Please fill out this booking form. The fields marked with the red asterisk are required.
- Registration for:
- Horizon Europe ERC StG 2021 call (Check second webinar-date in leaflet)
Option 1: 21 oct + 04 nov (12:00 - 14:00)
Option 2: 29 oct + 06 nov (10:00 - 12:00)
Option 3: 03 nov + 10 nov (10:00 - 12:00)
Horizon Europe ERC StG 2021 call
Given the current circumstances, Yellow Research is happy to offer its yearly ERC StG training via 2 live Webinars.
While the last H2020 deadlines for submitting ERC proposals have passed, ERC will continue in Horizon Europe with a provisional deadline for ERC StG proposal submission on March 9 2021.
The ERC selection criteria applied by the panels use terms which have become familiar jargon, such as important challenge, novel concept, scientific approach and feasibility. Most of these terms are also used by other funding agencies but they are interpreted and applied differently. These webinars will explain in detail not only what these terms mean and imply under the ERC umbrella but also how the various ERC panel members use these terms to discuss, assess and select project proposals.
In this training we will explain in detail the meaning of the evaluation criteria related to the project. In particular, finding the balance between ambitious objectives / new concepts and feasibility will be discussed. Furthermore, we will also discuss the panel specifics concerning the quality of the CVs and track-record of ERC grantees. What is the norm per panel and what does this mean for the CVs of the participants? What “actions” do participants have to highlight or undertake to bring their CV in line with the expectations of the selected panel?
This training will supply you with the necessary knowledge to better understand what kind of projects ERC is selecting for funding, and to get one step closer to obtaining an ERC grant.
Topics / programme
- Opening + ERC Grants in a nutshell. With special emphasis on ERC objectives and the evaluation process.
- Before you start writing: project development. We will discuss in detail the ERC evaluation criteria related to the research project regarding: 1) groundbreaking nature and ambition; 2) high risk high gain balance and the link to the potential feasibility of the scientific approach; 3) envisioned impact on future research and possibilities of utility
- Choosing the right panel for your proposal
- Introduction of “ERC logic-tree” as a guideline for writing your proposal
- Principal Investigator: we will address the key elements for writing the CV-part including Funding ID, Early Achievement Track Record and assessment of career achievements.
- Writing extended synopsis and B2: The extended synopsis is a 5-page summary of the Scientific Proposal with emphasis on the groundbreaking nature and feasibility of the proposal and how the outcomes of the research will impact further research. B2 is the full scientific proposal to be reviewed in Step 2 of the evaluation process. Emphasis on Methodology (B2b) and Resources.
Lotte Jaspers, Mette Skraastad and Aya van den Kroonenberg. Yellow Research has extensive experience in running ERC workshops and in pre-submission reviews of ERC Starting, Consolidator and Advanced grants. At Yellow Research we have successfully trained candidates for writing ERC proposals since the 2008 call. Their solid knowledge and experience in pre-submission reviewing of ERC proposals is an important aspect of their success in interview training.
Our online training
The training is offered 3 times and is divided into 2 subsequent live Webinars of approx. 2 hours each, on 2 different days and include sufficient time for the trainer to address questions of the Webinar delegates. Slides of the presentations of the entire Webinar as well as our "Yellow Research ERC Guide" will be made available via our E-learning environment. The fee for this training including the course material is € 695, VAT exempted.
Please note that the course-date mentioned in the bookingform is incorrect. Correct date is mentioned in description and leaflet.